Monday, July 08, 2013

Summer Celebrations - Creation #3

See if you can believe this one, but I managed to make a Christmas card using the "Summer Celebrations" cartridge.  That's right...a Christmas card.  Who knew?!  Here it is:
 
 
I used the "My World" cartridge to create the card base, using Cricut Craft Room.  I used the frame feature and hid all the contours in one of them, leaving the second one with the fence.  I welded the two together to create my card base, it is 5"x5."  I cut a smaller rounded square at 4 3/4" out of some snowflake patterned paper from DCWV for my background.
 
I used "Summer Celebrations" for my moose.  I cut the moose head at 4."  It actually goes with a Canadian flag, but I only used the moose.  I also used "Summer Celebrations" for the body of the moose.  It is actually one of the tags on the cartridge.  I covered both the body and the moose's head with some brown flocking powder.  I adhered the body behind the fence and the head with some pop-dots.  I covered his antlers in crackle accents and his hooves and eyes in glossy accents.
 
I tied some red and white baker's twine into bows to add to my fence posts.  My sentiment is computer generated and I trimmed the cardstock into a banner.  I used glue dots and pop-dots to adhere the banner, to give it some depth and make it seem like it is waving.  I finished off the card with a snowflake button on the left side of the banner.

3 comments:

  1. This is so creative! Love it! Great idea to do a series of card from one cartridge...would love to try that someday since I have many unused/unloved carts!

    ReplyDelete