Sunday, July 28, 2013

Silhouette Sunday - Spool of Thread Card

For this week's Silhouette Sunday card I created a spool of thread shaped card.  I am using this as a birthday card for a co-worker.  She is a sewer and a quilter, so I thought this was quite appropriate.
 
I used the "thread spool card" by Lori Whitlock (#36965).  It was cut at 11.30" tall, so that when it is folded it is just about 5 7/8"x4 1/4."  The square that is supposed to be the thread is about 3 1/2"x3 1/2."  I ran that part through my Cuttlebug with the "Forest Branches" folder to make it look more like thread wrapped around the spool.
 
The needle and thread is from another Silhouette cut.  It comes from the "spool of thread" cut by Sophie Gallo (#17205).  I only used the needle and thread, there is also a spool with this cut.  The needle is about 5 1/2" tall.  I covered the thread with barn door Distress Ink by Tim Holtz to help it stand out a little from the rest of the thread.
 

The font is computer generated.  It is a free zigzag stich font I found online.  I printed it directly on the spool.

1 comment:

  1. How clever. What a genius you are to use the cuttlebug folder to make the thread more realistic.

    ReplyDelete