Saturday, January 01, 2011

Drinks Anyone?

Happy New Year!!

This was my big project for the New Year. I started this on New Year's Eve and finished it this morning, New Years Day. It is my first shaped book and I think it turned out really great. It took a lot of time, but it was definitely worth it. I decided to make a drink recipe book for all the fun drink recipes I have collected here and there over the years.

I made this for the challenge at Flaunt it Fridays, which is to use the martini glass from the From My Kitchen Cartridge. I am also going to enter this into the weekly challenge at the Cricut Circle blog. The challenge there is to create something that is not the regular square or rectangle, to include a number somewhere and some bling.

I designed this book in my Gypsy. I used the squished circle that is on George and Basic Shapes for the base of my book. It is cut at 5." I then welded the different drink shapes to each page, they are all at 4." The martini glass and glass with straw are both from From My Kitchen. The pineapple drink is from Life is a Beach. The wine glass is from Celebrate with Flourish. The mug is from Ashlyn's Alphabet. I cut the book sections from chipboard and covered them with cardstock from DCWV, their Citrus Stack. I then cut all the pieces for the drinks out of cardstock and decorated them with bling, Stickles, glossy accents and ink. I used glittery stickers to number each section and some DCWV stickers for the last page. I also cut out the titles. "Martini Madness" is from Cuttin' Up; "Creative Cocktails" is from Makin' the Grade; "Fun 'n' Fruity" is from Life is a Beach; "Classic Cordials" is from Cursive 101; "Winter Warmers" is from Once Upon a Princess. I cut pages from white cardstock and stuck two pages in each section for writing in drink recipes that I have picked up over the years, or for new ones I will pick up in the future. I used my Crop-a-dile to punch holes in everything and put it all together with a couple of metal rings.

















18 comments:

  1. TOTALLY ADORABLE! Just love it! Great idea and great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super great idea. Love all the details too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is GREAT!
    What a way to start the scraping year! Awsome job. Love your take on the martini glass for the FIF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, Amazing mini! Can I have it please!?! LOL! You did a wonderful job flaunting it at FIF.
    SANDRA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You did a fantastic job on your first shaped book! Love all the pages and the cuts! I need to try this idea---do you give lessons!
    Happy New Year!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your project. It looks wonderful. I may need to scraplift your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out really cool. I like it alot. Thanks for sharing. Good luck.
    Warm winter hugs, Debi

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did an awesome job, I like how it all turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LURRRRRVE this!!! Wonderful!!!

    http://misspinkcricut.blogspot.com/2011/01/flaunt-it-fridays-5-from-my-kitchen.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG I love this idea! I may have to scraplift if you don't mind :). I am shocked that this is your first shape book. Ok be honest, are you fibbin!? Lol. What a great job!

    Thanks for joining us at Flaunt It Fridays

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!! You did awesome on this challenge! I Love this mini album! FABULOUS!!!! Thanks for joining us at FIF!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous idea! It looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool litle mini. And its your first one, wow!
    Thanks for playing with FIF
    Jess M
    Ps. Welcom to the DT. See you on Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I love your shape album. I can't believe it is your first one. The colors are so bright and cheery, and I love all the little embellishments. Thank you for joining us at FIF...but now you are on on the DT so congrats girl. Can't wait to see your project on Friday:)

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! What a great idea and it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. really cute! totally lifting this idea. :)
    debbie

    www.eastshorelanedesigns.com

    ReplyDelete