Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Thx!

It seems that technology is even creeping into my card making. ;) Actually, that was today's challenge at 365 Cards. The challenge was to use what you see in texting on your card, the abbreviated words and phtrases. I used the colors from Color Throwdown: always artichoke, baja breeze, cameo coral. I also used this week's ABC Challenge, which is a sketch and L is for Lace. Since I don't actually have any lace on hand I used a border punch to create some paper lace.
The card is 4 1/2"x6 1/4." I used some dark green cardstock to make the card base. I trimmed some white cardstock at 4 1/4"x6." I used some blue patterned paper from DCWV's Citrus Stack and some pink patterned paper by Penny Lane for my background. Those strips are cut at 5 7/8"x1 3/4." I cut a piece of shimmery white cardstock at 5 3/4"x1 3/4" and then used a Martha Stewart border punch to create my lace. I then tied a polka dotted blue ribbon around the card. I mounted a green rectange, cut at 3 3/8"x2 5/8," onto the card and layered it with white cardstock, cut at 3 1/4"x2 1/2." My sentiment, "THX," was cut from Smiley Cards. The largest two were cut in green, at 1 1/2" and 1 1/4." I cut the pink one at 1." I inked the edges of the green sentiments in hint of pesto ink by Tsukineko. I glued the green sentiments down, layering them, and pop-dotted the pink sentiment. I finished it off with some fruit punch Stickles on the pink sentiment. Enjoy!!

8 comments:

  1. Cool combination of the challenges! Love the glittery letters!! Thanks for playing along in the Color Throwdown with us! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous -- love your take on the challenge. I'm so glad I found 365 -- it's really going to help me with my card making when I have inspiration like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! I love the simple layout and the way you combined all those challenges. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! I love how you improvised! Thanks for playing the ABC Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Blog ! I'm your follower # 141 LOL

    Have a great Saturday ;-)
    http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. VERY cute! Love those bold, graphic letters! Thanks for joining us for the Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Love the bold letters and the sparkle, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous texting sentiment< Paula, and such a fun card! Thanks for playing with the 365 Cards challenge! Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

    Aloha, Kim Mc
    365 Cards DT

    ReplyDelete