Thursday, January 27, 2011

Head Over Heels

This card is 4 1/2"x6 1/4" spinner card. I made the card base from cream colored cardstock and layered it with some patterned brown paper, cut at 4 1/4"x6." I cut two strips of light brown cardstock at 6 1/4"x1 1/2." I adhered one to the card base. In the other strip I cut a slit at 4 1/4"x1/4" and then embossed with the Polka Dots embossing folder. I put a brad through the slit and then an eyelet over the brad. I opend the prongs so that I had a place to put the monkey. The monkey is cut from Sweethearts at 2 1/2." I then mounted him to the brad/eyelet fixture. I adhered the strip to the card with foam tape so that the monkey would spin and slide across the card. The sentiment is computer generated and layered on two mats. All the hearts are from Sweethearts as well, cut at 1." The large heart on the bottom was my original cut and the other hearts are the pieces left over from its layers. The largest heart has five layers, the other heart has four, with the top two pop-dotted. I used a marker to highlight the monkey's mouth and eyes and I inked his face for some texture.
I made this for the Tuesday challenge at Peachy Keen. Their challenge was a sketch, with a twist. The twist was to create a monochromatic card. I also made this for the Terrific Tuesday Challenge at Scrappy Moms Stamps. Their challenge was to use the Sweethearts cartridge. Finally, I am entering this in Thursday's challenge at 365 Cards, which is "Lovely Layers." You must layer at least two different things and have at least three layers for each thing.

14 comments:

  1. Love this card. The colors are perfect & I love that monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Love the little monkey! I need to try this card style!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just adorable! I love that monkey! I've never tried one of these cards but I think you have inspired me to try one! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! The Monkey is adorable! Dina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE spinner cards! This is so sweet - I love the little monkey! Thank you for joining us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this. What a fabulous idea!!! TFS, your new follower Cathryn67 <3
    inthepinkcathryn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay now this is SO super adorable! Great job!!! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. super sweet card! great way to do all the challenges! thanks for playing with us at scrappy moms stamps!
    liz :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute... I just love monkeys! They always put a smile on my face! Great job!
    tfs

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great spinner card! The sentiment is so perfect! Thanks for joining the challenge at PK!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! Totally cute :-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is SOOO STINKIN CUTE!!!! Thanks for joining us!
    Peachy Hugs,
    Emma;)

    ReplyDelete