This card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4" and I used kraft cardstock for the base. I cut some green polka dotted cardstock at 5 1/4"x4," more kraft cardstock at 4 3/4"x3 1/4" and some green/blue plaid cardstock at 4 5/8"x3 1/8." I used Cricut Craft Room to weld letters from Birthday Bash together to create the word "birthday." They were cut at 3/4." I used kraft cardstock for the shadow and some yellow striped cardstock for the regular font. The letters "B" and "Y" are cut at 1 1/4." I used Life's a Party for the soccer ball, which is cut at 1 1/2." I used a thin foam adhesive to adhere all the letters to the card and thicker foam adhesive to adhere the soccer ball. I added glossy accents to the black part of the soccer ball and finished off the front with some grey brads in the corners of the plaid mat. All the patterned cardstock came from "The Kidlet Stack" by DCWV.
I also finished the inside of this card. I cut more of the plaid cardstock at 5 1/4"x4." I then cut more kraft cardstock at 4 1/4"x3" and some white cardstock at 4"x2 3/4." I used a stamp from Scrappy Moms Stamps for the sentiment. It is stamped in midnight black ink by Tsukineko.
I made this for the following challenges:
- 365 Cards: "Day 9" - use kraft cardstock for the card base and in some other fashion on your card
- My Sheri Crafts: sports theme
- Celebrate the Occasion: boy's birthday, must use blue (not a whole lot, but there is blue in the plaid)
- The Friday Mashup: use different patterns and at least three colors of the color challenge (summer starfruit, island indigo, and sahara sand)
- Stuck On U Sketches: switch a letter with a die cut