Friday, January 11, 2013

Birthday Boy

This card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4" and I used kraft cardstock for the base.  I cut some green polka dotted cardstock at 5 1/4"x4," more kraft cardstock at 4 3/4"x3 1/4" and some green/blue plaid cardstock at 4 5/8"x3 1/8."  I used Cricut Craft Room to weld letters from Birthday Bash together to create the word "birthday."  They were cut at 3/4."  I used kraft cardstock for the shadow and some yellow striped cardstock for the regular font.  The letters "B" and "Y" are cut at 1 1/4."  I used Life's a Party for the soccer ball, which is cut at 1 1/2."  I used a thin foam adhesive to adhere all the letters to the card and thicker foam adhesive to adhere the soccer ball.  I added glossy accents to the black part of the soccer ball and finished off the front with some grey brads in the corners of the plaid mat.  All the patterned cardstock came from "The Kidlet Stack" by DCWV.
 
I also finished the inside of this card.  I cut more of the plaid cardstock at 5 1/4"x4."  I then cut more kraft cardstock at 4 1/4"x3" and some white cardstock at 4"x2 3/4."  I used a stamp from Scrappy Moms Stamps for the sentiment.  It is stamped in midnight black ink by Tsukineko.
 
I made this for the following challenges:
  • 365 Cards: "Day 9" - use kraft cardstock for the card base and in some other fashion on your card
  • My Sheri Crafts: sports theme
  • Celebrate the Occasion: boy's birthday, must use blue (not a whole lot, but there is blue in the plaid)
  • The Friday Mashup: use different patterns and at least three colors of the color challenge (summer starfruit, island indigo, and sahara sand)
  • Stuck On U Sketches: switch a letter with a die cut


21 comments:

  1. Great sports card! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card, thanks for playing @ Celebrate the Occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the patterns and colors! This is a great birthday card!

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card! Well done. Thanks for joining us at 365 Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card for a boy. I love the colors and the ball is thinking outside the box. So glad you played this week. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! I love that sentiment, too! Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card , love the papers and cut you used!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stuck on U Sketches

    ReplyDelete
  8. That plaid is just perfect. Just became a follower...silly me for not doing this sooner! Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card! Love the soccer ball for an "o"!!!
    Thanks for joining CTO this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great dimension and I love the DP you used with the fabulous soccer ball! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Boy's Birthday (must use blue)" Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great card for a boy - love it. SOUS Die Cut DT Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute card!! Love the PP choice! Thanks for playing along at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute birthday card! This would work great for an upcoming challenge too (which I am pondering now). Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful sports card! Love using the ball for the letter! Thanks for sharing with us at My Sheri Crafts!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Gorgeous soccer card and very neatly done inside and out!

    Thanks for sharing with My Sheri Craft

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great birthday card Paula! Love the patterns you used. Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card for a boy's birthday!! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun take on our challenge.. I'm so happy you joined us this week and your card turned out adorable.. That ball makes an awesome "O".. loving it :)
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this...what a fun way to use that soccer ball! Thanks so much for joining us over at Stuck on U Sketches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your fun card...perfect take on the challenge! Thanks for joining us again at SOUS:)

    ReplyDelete