Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Chilly Penguin

There is still plenty of snow on the ground and probably will be for a while.  So, in that spirit I made a cute wintery card today. 
The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4."  I used white cardstock for the card base.  I cut some dark grey cardstock at 5 1/4"x4" and embossed it with the Large Snowflakes embossing folder.  I then sanded it to expose the white core at the edges of the embossing.  I cut a strip of white cardstock at 5 1/4"x1 1/2" and a strip of light grey cardstock at 5 1/4"x1 1/4."  I used Christmas Cheer to cut the snowflakes.  They are cut at 3 1/2."  The penguin is also from Christmas Cheer, he is cut at 3 1/4."  I added some Liquid Pearls to the white parts of his hat and gave him black pearl eyes.  The penguin is on a piece of cardstock that is 3 1/2"x2 1/2."  It was embossed with the Snowflakes embossing folder.  I adhered it to the card with foam tape.  The sentiment is from My Craft Spot, the "Winter Wonderland" set.  It is stamped in london fog Tsukineko ink.
 
For the inside I cut some dark grey cardstock at 5 1/4"x4," some light grey cardstock at 5"x3 3/4" and some white cardstock at 4 3/4"x3 1/2."  I used two more stamps from My Craft Spot, both from the "Think Snow" set.  I also used two snowflake stamps that are on this set.  They are all stamped with london fog ink by Tsukineko.
 
I made this for the following challenges:



19 comments:

  1. He is just so 'chilly' looking! Love it. That embossed background is great too. love your take on the sketch so thanks for playing along with us at 52 CCT this wek

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cute!Awesome job on the embossing!Love chilly the penguin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just DARLING! LOVE your penguin, Paula, and glittery snowflakes are the icing on the cake! ;) Thank you SO MUCH for joining us at 52CCT and I can't wait to see what you make for us next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card--love the penguin and all of the snowflakes are sweet!

    Thanks so much for joining us in at the {Pin}Spirational Challenge this week—Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderfully chilly card! That penguin is adorable and I love your frosty snowflakes. Thanks for joining BBTB2's first challenge of 2013!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute. I love your penguin and snowflakes. I remember a character, Chilly Willie the Penguin, on a childhood children's program, Captain Kangaroo. Thanks for the memory. And thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card! Love the sentiment inside!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paula, this is so so cute. I love penguin projects and this card is darling. Love the snowflake.....thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is adorable! I love that snowflake embossing folder and I love the snowflakes along the side, but that penquin is the cutest!! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card and penguin. I love the snowflakes on the side and the white and black embossing. Really makes the penguin pop. Thanks for creating with us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute penguin! Love the embossing:)
    Thanks so much for joining us at My Craft Spot!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darling card! I love the embossed base and the three different snowflakes! Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet card Paula, the penguin is adorable! I love the texture of the embossing and the sanded panel is fab!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at 52 {C}CT & I hope you join us again soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What's a snowflake with a penguin:) Great thinking:) Very cute..Thanks for joining us at BBTB2:) Krista

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is such an adorable card! love the embossing and sanding...so perfect for our challenge at CCC! Thanks so much for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a DARLING penguin! LOVE the embossing too! Thanks so much for joining us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute! Love the border on the side, nice touch! Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a super card! I love all of the embossed snowflakes and your penguin is so sweet!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  19. Soooo cute!!! Thanks for participating in the {PIN}spirational Challenge! Hope to see you again!!
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete