Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Perfect Sentiment: "Winter Wonderland"

Ready for another challenge Perfect Sentiments Challenge?  I hope so, because here it is:
 
"Winter Wonderland"
The challenge: create a card with a sentiment for winter
The twist: use a winter image or embellishment to give your card a winter feel
 
 
Here is my card for this challenge:
My card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4" and I used a shimmery blue cardstock for the card base.  I cut some white cardstock at 5 1/4"x4."  I then embossed the white cardstock with my Cuttlebug and the Swiss Dots folder.  I stamped my image using some Distress Embossing Powder by Tim Holtz and heat embossed with some dark blue embossing powder.  I trimmed it 1/8" wider than the stamped image and matted it with some shimmery blue cardstock cut 1/8" wider than the white cardstock.  I adhered it to the card with some foam tape.  I finished off the card with a bow I made using the 3D Bows digital cartridge.  It was cut at 1 1/2" using Cricut Craft Room.

 
Now head on over to The Perfect Sentiment, see what the rest of the Design Team has come up with, then link up your wintery card creation.  I can't wait to see what you create!

3 comments:

  1. I really love this card, Paula! The strong contrast between the light and dark is marvelous. Love that bow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card. What is the stamp that you used?
    Donna K U

    ReplyDelete