Thursday, January 31, 2013

Christmas Wreath

I think this card is perfect for today since our temperatures are well below zero and the wind chill is making it even colder!  So, I made another Christmas card.
The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4" and made from red cardstock.  I also cut two red mats, one at 4 3/4"x3 1/2" and the second one at 4"x2 3/4."  I cut three white mats.  The first one at 5 3/8"x4 1/8," the second one at 4 5/8"x3 3/8," and the third one at 3 7/8"x2 5/8."  I temorarily adhered the three white pieces togethter and stamped some snowflakes on them, with some of the snowflakes overlapping all three layers.  It is a technique that I learned called Triple Time Stamping.  You can see a video tutorial here.

After stamping all my images I heat embossed them with a glittery white embossing powder.  I then adhered my white layers to the red mats and adhered them all to the card base.  I used Joys of the Season to cut my wreath.  I cut three of the same wreath in three different sizes.  The largest size is 4," the middle size is 3 1/2" and the smallest one is 3 1/4."  I layered them together and covered their berries with x-mas red Stickles.  I ran some brown and white twine through three buttons and used it to tie a bow in the fourth.  I then adhered the buttons to the corners of the middle mat.  The sentiment is stamped in jumbo java ink on a banner that was die cut from a Spellbinders die called "Ribbon Banners."  I adhered the banner with two different thicknesses of foam tape so that it was lower on the sides and higher in the middle.
 
I made this card for the following challenges:

15 comments:

  1. So pretty...love the wreath! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative wreath.... Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stuck on U Sketches

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful wreath and love the colour combo. i like that you used the triple time stamping technique as a background. Thanks for playing along with us at 52CCT

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula, this is GORGEOUS! LOVE the white on white for your use of the technique! This card is just wonderful! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool Paula to use the shimmery snowflake background for the triple time stamping. Love that wreath and your color scheme. Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card Paula, I love the soft snowflake triple stamped background! Great colour scheme and lots of lovely sparkle and I love the buttons and twine details too!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at 52 {C}CT & I hope you join us again very soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and elegant! Love the background! Thanks for playing along with the Wreath challenge at SOUS and Winter Wonderland challenge at Whimsical Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the way you have interpreted our challenge this week at 52CCT - your glittery background is stunning - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love your wreath.. I was dying to find out which cart it's on and I'm so happy I own that cart.. might have to use that image real soon...LOL
    Thanks for sharing this with us girls over at S.O.U.S
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! The wreath is perfect. Thank you for joining us at Whimsical Designs.
    I like the snow flakes in the back round.
    Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at 365 cards!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow......great to see you joining us again at SOUS Paula! Beautiful card, Love the wreath...this would have to be my favourite out of all the cartridges!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, Paula!!!!! Love the glitter and sparkle!!! Thanks for joining us over at Stuck On U Sketches!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love that wreath and the stamping of the background snowflakes. it makes everything look even more beautiful. thanks so much for joining us, i come from the whimsical designs challenge :) take care!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous. I love the colors, and the snowflakes add such an elegance. Thank you for playing with us at Whimsical Designs.

    ReplyDelete