Monday, January 21, 2013

Glittery Snowman

I am going to be SO ready for Christmas this year.  If I can keep making Christmas cards, even once a month I will be all set!  Thank goodness for challenge blogs that feature Christmas challenges year round, too bad I just didn't notice them before.  ;)
This card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4" and is made from brown cardstock.  I cut some baby blue cardstock at 5 1/4"x4" and some white cardstock at 5"x 3 3/4" for my mats.  I embossed the white cardstock with a Darice snowflakes embossing folder.  I cut a brown strip of cardstock at 2 3/8"x4" and some blue polka dotted cardstock at 2 1/4"x4."  I adhered the strip to the card and added some clear gems to the embossed circles on the card (you can no longer see them since I coverd them up).  I also put some icicle Stickles in the middle of all the snowflakes. 


I used Martha Stewart Seasonal Cake Art to cut the circles and the snowman.  The brown circle is cut at 3 1/2" and the blue polka dotted circle is cut at 3 1/4."  The snowman is cut at 3."  I covered the snowman in crystal fine glitter by Martha Stewart.  I adhered the snowman to the card with foam tape.  The sentiment was stamped using jumbo java ink by Tsukineko and the snowflake sticker is from my stash (I have absolutely no idea where I got it).

For the inside of this card I cut more of the blue polka dotted cardstock, which I should mention is from the Arctic Wishes Stack by DCWV, at 5 1/4"x4."  I cut some brown cardstock at 4 3/4"x3 1/2" to mat a piece of 4 5/8"x3 3/8" white cardstock.  I used a light blue ink from ColorBox to stamp a snowflake, which is from Fiskars.  I used another stamp for the sentiment; it is stamped using rich cocoa ink by Tsukineko.

I made this card for the following challenges:

13 comments:

  1. I'm loving this glittery guy!!! The colors are fabulous and I love the sprinkling of bling, too! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :) If you have some time, I'd love to see what you would make of our challenges at Inkspirational and Technique Tuesday as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card! The embossed snowflakes with all the gems looks fabulous! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your glittery snowman and the embossed snowflakes! Thanks so much for sharing at Cupcake Inspirations! Look forward to seeing more of you work in upcoming challenges!
    {hugs}
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula, this is a fabulous card, I LOVE that glittery snowman! Great layout, colour combo & embellishments too!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at 52 {C}CT & I hope you join us again soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! I love blue and brown together! Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week! Good luck and I hope to see you back soon!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card and what a stunning snowman - thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. adorable snowman card thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I love him all sparkly! Thanks so much for joining us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your snowman is darling. I love the brown, blue and white color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love this color scheme and the design - its a fabulously cute and chic card! Thanks for joining our challenge this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love what you did here. The color combination is sweet and love all the dimensional details and embellishments

    Thanks for sharing at My Sheri Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so cute!! Thanks for joining My Sheri Crafts.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sparkly, fun snowman card! Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts.

    ReplyDelete