Monday, January 14, 2013

Snowmen Silhouettes

 
I made a couple of more cards to add to my stash of Christmas cards for next year.  These two are similar and I think they turned out pretty cute.
 
The cards are 5 1/2"x4 1/4" and I used white cardstock for the card bases.  I cut some black cardstock at 5 1/4"x4" and some blue snowflake patterned cardstock at 5"x3 3/4."  I cut a strip of white cardstock, folded it in half and cut snowbanks so that when they were opened they would be symmetrical.  I then covered them in a chunky white glitter.  The snowmen were cut from Winter Woodland and are both cut at 3 3/4."  I added a little red heart brad to both of them and adhered them to the card with foam tape.  The sentiment is from My Craft Spot, the "Winter Wonderland" set.  I also added two snowflake buttons to the top corners of each card. 
 
 
For the inside I cut some black cardstock at 5 1/4"x4" and more blue snowflake cardstock at 5"x3 3/4."  I then cut more black cardstock at 4"x2 3/4" and white cardstock at 3 7/8"x2 5/8."  I used more stamps from My Craft Spot for the inside sentiments and the little snowmen.  The sentiment stamps are from the "Think Snow" set and the snowman is from the "Stamping Around Christmas" set.
 
I made these cards for the following challenges:

14 comments:

  1. What great snowmen! I love the sentiment! I'm impressed that you are already working on cards for next year! Wow! Thanks so much for joining the fun at Cupcake Inspirations! Hope to see more of your work soon!
    {hugs}
    Debbie
    DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! I love your sparkly snow and the beautiful snowflake paper you used! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute Paula! I love the sparkly snow and amazing snowman! Oh, I should do some cards now for next yr to and stay ahead of the game....great idea!

    Thanks so much for joining us at my Craft Spot!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, Paula! I never thought of doing this....mind if I scraplift your thought? Wonderful winter project that could be used for many occasions!

    Marcia
    marciasmemories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cards. I think glitter for snowshine always add to a card. Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut.
    Rae Ann O.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great!!! Love the glitter and those cute snowmen! Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these cards and thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea. I would never have thought of making them a silhoutte! I love the little hearts you added too. Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Exploring Cricut this week. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet sentiment and card! Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut:)

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this idea very cute...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea!! Thanks for playing along @ CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look fabulous, Paula!! What a great idea to use the silhouettes. They look fantastic on the glittering mounds on snow!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  13. `Cute card! Love all the sparkle! Thanks for playing at My Craft spot.

    ReplyDelete