Saturday, January 05, 2013

Owl Love

It feels good to be back to crafting after being sick for a week, then on vacation for a week.  This is what I made today.
 The card is 4 1/2"x6 1/4" and I used white cardstock for the card base.  I cut some red cardstock at 4 3/8"x6 1/8" and some white cardstock at 4 1/4"x6" and adhered them to the card base.  I then cut some red and white polka dotted paper at 4 1/8"x5 7/8."  I cut some red glittery ribbon, matted it with some white cardstock and wrapped it around the top of the polka dotted paper.  I adhered all that to the card.  I stamped my image, which is from Whipper Snapper Designs, on white cardstock and colored it with Prismacolor colored pencils.  I matted it with some red and white cardstock.  I stamped my sentiment, which is from Scrappy Moms Stamps, on white cardstock and matted it with some red cardstock.  I adhered them both the card and added x-mas red Stickles to the heart of the image and around the edges of the sentiment.  I also added glossy accents to the owl's eyes.  I used George and Basic Shapes to cut both my hearts.  The red one is 1 1/4" and the smaller one is 1."  Both were cut using the shadow feature.  I embossed the white heart with the Swiss Dots embossing folder.  I adhered them together and used pop-dots to adhere it to the card base.
 
I made this for the following challenges:

6 comments:

  1. Aww, very pretty card. Glad you're feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now how cute is this! Glad you're feeling better. Thanks for joining us at 365 Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card Paula!Love the owl and the sparkly heart in the middle of the tree. Glad you are feeling better. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the touch of sparkle and the embossed heart!

    Thanks so much for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are feeling better Paula.. I love what you did with the Sketch! The sparkly heart is too cute. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete