Tuesday, January 22, 2013

"Movies" Wall Art

I made this wall art to put in our family room, when we finally finish remodeling our basement.  Our family room is where we have set up our big TV for watching movies, playing video games and where we play board games and stuff like that.
I think I might have to make another piece of wall art for games.  Hmm....something to think about.  Anyways herer is my wall art:
I used the sneak peek that is free to cut this week in Cricut Craft Room of the new font called Extreme Fonts for the word "Movies."  The letters are 6" and I welded them together in Cricut Craft Room and cut it out of gold vinyl.  The film reel is cut from Movie Night at 10."  I cut the film part from black vinyl and the reels in dark grey vinyl and silver vinyl.  I adhered the film reels to the back piece of glass of a float frame.  I then adhered the word "Movies" to the front piece of glass of the float frame.

I put it up on a wall for the picture, but that isn't where it will go in the end.  I have to wait until our remodel is done for that.  :)
I am entering this in BBTB2's. current challenge which is to use a Cricut font.

11 comments:

  1. Paula, oh my,this is fantastic. What a wonderful idea.... Thanks for sharing it with us at BBTB2.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great wall décor. Love the font. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Paula this looks fabulous and looks so wonderful hanging on your wall!! Boy this is a thin, thin font!! Was it hard to work with? I really love this home decor, it is so fabulous! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula this is fabulous!!! Outstanding. Love the font and the movie reels! Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow me thinks I like the new font. Such a cute design and great home decor. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 for the Fontasstic challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! Love what you made-the font and movie reels are awesome! Will look forward to seeing what you make for the gamers :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow this is such a fabulous piece of wall art! Love it! Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! I can't get over how delicate and fine that font is. I don't think I would have been able to work with it without ripping it to pieces. Fantastic work and thanks for playing with us at BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow..This is super cool..I love how u framed it..Thanks for joining us at BBTB2..Krista

    ReplyDelete