Saturday, January 05, 2013

Birthday Candles

A friend of mine is turning 30 in a few weeks so I made this card to give him. 
 The card is 5"x7" and made from a suede colored cardstock.  I cut some green polka dotted paper at 4 3/4"x5 3/4" and added it to the card base.  I cut some white cardstock at 3 1/4"x5 1/2" and stamped my candles on it.  The candles and their faces are both stamps by Peachy Keen.  I then paper pieced the colors onto the white cardstock.  I used some foam tape to pop up the last candle.  I added glossy accents to the top part of the candle to make it look more like melted wax.  I matted the white cardstock with three mats.  The green polka dotted mat is cut at 3 3/4"x6," the tan mat is cut at 4"x6 1/4" and the final white mat is cut at 4 1/8"x6 3/8."  I added it to the card, which left enough space on the bottom for my sentiment.  The sentiment is from Paper Smooches.
 
 I also finished the inside of this card.  I cut some white cardstock at 4"x6," then some tan cardstock at 3 3/4"x5 3/4."  I then cut some suede cardstock at 3 1/4"x5 1/4" and more of the green polka dotted paper at 3"x5."  Finally, I cut some white cardstock at 2 1/4"x4 1/4."  I used a Fiskars stamp for the "happy" and "birthday" part of the sentiment and a stamp from the "Chuny Alphabet" by My Craft Spot for the "30" part of the sentiment.
 
I made this card for the following challenges:

14 comments:

  1. Cute! I just love these candles...just got done making a card with them myself :) Thanks for joining us in this week's Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge. :)

    ~Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! What an adorable birthday card!!! The candles are just tooo cute and I love the polka dot paper!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute! Expressive candles! :)
    Thanks for joining us at 365cards!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your friend will love this card, you did a great job! Thanks for playing along with Peachy Keen's Anything Goes Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT job with those sweet little PK candles,TOO CUTE!!!Thanks for joining us in this week's Challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely adorable! What a fun card with all those cute expressions. Thanks for joining our challenge this week at Peachy Keen Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! I love that face on the end! Thanks for playing along with us at PKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a happy card! Thanks for playing the Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got this set. Thanks for the inspiration with the candles. --C

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card! Thanks for joining the Peachy challenge!

    ReplyDelete