Saturday, January 26, 2013

Hearts

Here is a quick and cute Valentine's Day card for you today!
 
The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4."  I used black cardstock for the card base.  I cut some red and white houndstooth paper at 5 3/8"x4 1/8."  I then cut a strip of black cardstock at 4 1/8"x1 1/2" and a strip of white cardstock at 4 1/8"x1 3/8."  I added my sentiment, which is a stamp from Scrappy Moms Stamps and some black pearls and adhered it to the card. 
 
I used Gypsy Wanderings for the hearts.  I cut the red ones at 2," 1 1/2," and 1 1/4."  I cut the black ones at 2 1/4," 1 3/4," and 1 1/2."  I covered the black hearts with black glitter by Martha Stewart.  The faces are all from Peachy Keen Stamps.  I used a white gel pen to add some accents to the faces as well as some glossy accents to give the tongue on the one heart a little shine.  All the hearts are adhered with different thicknesses of foam tape.
 
On the inside of the card I cut more of the houndstooth paper, this time at 5 1/4"x4."  I cut some black cardstock at 4 1/2"x3 1/4" and some white cardstock at 4 3/8"x3 1/8."  I cut a strip of black cardstock at 3 1/8"x1 1/4" and a strip of white cardstock at 3 1/8"x1 1/8."  I used another stamp from Scrappy Moms Stamps for the inside sentiment as well.

 
 
I made this card for the following challenges:

21 comments:

  1. So cute!! Love the hearts faces!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Great job on the background and love the faces too! Thanks for joining us in this week's Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the red houndstooth background paper to really set off those hearts with the sweet faces. Thanks for sharing at Cardz TV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. super duper CUTENESS!!!! :)
    Thanks so much for joining us on 365 Cards this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I love your cards. I am amazed with how many posts you make. I wish I had that much time to play in my craftroom. Thanks so much for sharing and I look forward to seeing what you make next:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe! Paula, you did a fabulous job! The faces are perfect and I love the color combo! Thanks for joining us at Peachy Keen Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable faces on these hearts. thanks for joining in on the fun at CTVS for the color challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PeachyKeen!

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely adorable card! Love the houndstooth paper--perfect with this cute hearts! Hope you're able to be home crafting and not out on the roads! Thanks for creating with us at CardzTV Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, those adorable faces on the hearts just make me smile!! What an incredibly crazy CUTE and fun Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable card, thanks for joining CTVS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grin!! Many thanks for joining us at 365 Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. AWESOME job with your sweet card!!!those heart are SUPER cute,Thanks for joining us in this week's Challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable! Thanks for playing 365 Cards SSS.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fun adorable card :).. Love the fun hearts :)
    Thanks for joining us over at 365cards

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty! I love the houndstooth background for your Peachy Keen hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute card.. love all their little faces. TFS --C

    ReplyDelete
  18. such a happy card!!!! LOVE the cute hearts!!! thanks sooo much for playing along with 365 Cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Too cute! You gotta live Peachy Keen:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Paula wicked cute love the faces on the hearts and the way you stacked them up. Thanks so much for joining the CTVS challenge. Karen

    ReplyDelete