Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Perfect Sentiments: "Metal Embellished Birthday"

Here is this week's Perfect Sentiments challenge:
 
"Metal Embellished Birthday"
The challenge: create a card with a birthday sentiment
The twist: use some metal on your card
 
Here is what I came up with for this challenge:
The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4" and made using black cardstock.  I cut some silver cardstock at 5 1/4"x4" and another piece of black cardstock at 5 1/8"x3 7/8."  My final layer is a piece of craft metal that I cut at 5"x3 3/4" and embossed with the Cuttlebug and the Chicken Wire embossing folder.  I cut a strip of green cardstock at 5"x1 1/4" and then punched it with a grass border punch.  I stamped the sentiment on it, then adhered it to the card.  I used Beep Beep to cut the tractor at 2 1/2."  I finished off the card with two brads in the center of the wheels.  All that turns into the perfect card for a little boy's birthday.

Now it is your turn to link up your card creation.  Head on over to The Perfect Sentiment and link up your card.  I can't wait to see what you create!


7 comments:

  1. What a cool idea to emboss the metal to look like chicken wire! It compliments the tractor so well! This looks masculine and we all know we can use masculine cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that enmbossing, fabulous!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super fun card! That embossed metal background is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete