Thursday, December 23, 2010

Cheers

Here's a sparkly New Year's card for you! I made this one for today's 365 Cards challenge. The challenge today was, "thinking in threes." There needed to be three decorative elements and then you needed to have three of each of those elements. I used three eyelets, three pieces of ribbon and three flat-backed pearls.

The card is 4 1/4"x5 1/2." I used a dark blue cardstock for my card base and cut some silver cardstock 1/4" smaller, then embossed it with the Stars embossing folder. I wrapped two pieces of ribbon around the silver cardstock before adhering it to my card base. I cut a piece of shimmery dark blue cardstock at 2 3/4"x3 3/4," and a piece of silver cardstock 1/4" smaller. I then embossed the silver cardstock with a Sizzix embossing folder. I adhered them together and put three eyeles in three of the corners. I put a ribbon through two of the eyelets and tied it in a knot. I then adhered them to the card base with foam tape. I cut the cheers and glass from Designer's Calendar at 2 1/4" out of dark blue cardstock. I adhered it to the card and used some star dust Stickles on it to make it shimmery. I finished the card off with the three flat-backed pearls in three corners.

1 comment: