Monday, December 27, 2010

Welcome Baby

I have been pretty much making cards lately, so making a gift bag was a fun little departure for me. :) The gift bag was made for the Flaunt it Fridays challenge, which was to use the turtle from Create a Critter, and to make something other than a card. That part was a challenge, not a requirement. I made it a baby gift bag for the challenge at Sentimental Sundays, which is "baby."
I used a bag that I already had on hand and just dressed it up. The turtle is from Create a Critter and cut at 2 1/4." For the grass I
just cut some Core'dinations cardstock to fit the size of the bag and tore the top. I cut the presents from Celebrations, using some cardstock from the Citrus stack by DCWV. I used some lime green Stickles for the bow/ribbon on the presents. I used pop-dots of different widths for the bottom two presents and
the top one is adhered to the bag directly. The "welcome" part of the sentiment is from ZooBalloo, cut at 1 1/2," and the "baby" is from Makin' the Grade, cut at 1," and adhered vertically. I finished it off by adding google eyes to the little turtle. Enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. Love it! Too cute..
    Just became a follower..Would Love it if you could visit my blog.
    Minta

    http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE how you put the gifts on his back...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. It came out so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun little gift bag for a baby. :-) Thanks for joining in the fun at SS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute gift bag!!! Adorable:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute baby bag! i like the presents on the back! Thanks for flaunting it at Flaunt it Friday's.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable! Love the presents on the shell! Way cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea!just became a follower1 happy New year!! Dina

    ReplyDelete
  9. The presents on the shell is such a great touch. How cute! The white bag is perfect for this :).

    Thanks so much for joining us at Flaunt It Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet project - I love turtles! Thanks for joining in our baby challenge at Sentimental Sundays! Hope you will join in again. ~chris

    ReplyDelete