Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Let It Snow

This is 4 1/2"x5 1/4" card. The snowflake patterned paper is cut 1/4" smaller. I cut a piece of blue paper 1 3/4"x5 1/4" and then used an EK Success border punch. I cut a piece of snowflake paper to accent the border. The snowman is a stamp from my stash and stamped on a piece of white paper, cut at 1 1/4"x3 3/4." The blue piece of paper is cut 1/4" larger. I cut two circular holes, one at 1" and the other at 3/4" near the top of the card. On the inside of the card I stamped two snowflakes to peek out and the sentiment, "let it snow."

I used sketch #94 from Card Patterns as my inspiration for the layout of my card. I also used the theme of snowmen from Paper Playtime to inspire the blue and white snow theme. Finally I made the two cut-outs for the challenge at 365 Cards, which is peek-a-boo, to make two windows on your card so you can see something on the inside.

5 comments:

  1. Sweet! I love the holes with snowflakes in there. Thanks for playing at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, luv the monochromatic tone of your card! Beautifully done! Thanx for playing at 365 Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! That snowman is adorable. Thanks for playing with us this week at Paper Playtime :)

    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really stunning! Love the frosty feeling and I think you made wonder with the challenge. Way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card.I love the monochromatic colors. Thank you for joining us at Card Patterns this week.

    ReplyDelete