Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Two Christmas Cards

Even though the coaster gift set took up most of my day I managed to make two cards today for some challenges. This first one is using the sketch challenge at Crafty Ho's, Santa cake inspiration at Cupcake Inspirations, and to hand cut an image for Paper Sundaes. I used a pre-made 5 1/2"x4 1/4" card from DCWV. I stamped my Santa image on white paper and embossed it with some silver embossing powder and then cut around the image. I cut some red paper at 2 1/2"x2 3/4," and some green paper at 2 3/4"x3." I then embossed both papers with the D'vine Swirls embossing folder. I layered them all together and adhered them on the card. I cut a strip of green paper at 1 1/4"x4 1/4" and also embossed it with D'vine Swirls. I adhered a piece of red ribbon in the middle of the green strip and embellished it with some holly buttons and red gems.

This second card was made using the sketch from Sunday's 365 Cards challenge. I also used the gingerbread man from Just Because Cards for BBTB2's challenge and embellished it for Tuesday Morning Sketches.

The card base is 4 1/2"x6 1/4," using a patterned red cardstock. I cut a strip of white paper and a strip of green paper at 2 1/4"x6 1/4." I then embossed the green paper with the Polka Dots embossing folder and cut the edge of the white paper with scalloped paper edgers. I adhered them to the card so you could see only the edge of the white paper from under the green. I wrapped some white and silver ribbon around the card. The gingerbread man was cut at 4" (real dial size used) out of brown cardstock. I then decorated him with some rick-rack "icing" on his arms and legs, some buttons for, well, buttons; and some flat-backed pearls for eyes and mouth. I then edged him in cinnamon Stickles and used some foam tape to mount him.
Both cards are pretty simple, but I am quite pleased with the results of both of them. I hope you enjoy!

16 comments:

  1. Very cute Gingerbread card. Thanks for joining us for the BBTB2 challenge.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute cards! Great "cutting out" job!
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh love the Gingerbread Man he is cute, what a fun card. Kaz (gdt TMS)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! Love your gingerbread man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that's such a fun gingie! I love the pearls for the smile! thanks for playing with us at BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola Paula!!
    La tarjeta es genial! esa galleta dan ganas de comersela, gran trabajo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet gingerbread card! Love this take on the sketch.Nice to have you playing along with us on 365 Cards.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun!!! :) Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week! merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of the embellishments to decorate the gingerbread guy. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so cute paula.. i never thought of using rik~rak for the g/bread icing.. thank you for that idea!! and thank you for sharing with us at bbtb2

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK this is the cutest gingerbread man ever!!! thanks for joining us on 365 Cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful cards and that gingerbread looks super yummy!!!!! great job with the 365 card sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am lovin' that little gingerbread man - soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love your gingerbreadman! His pearly eyes and mouth are gorgeous and I love how you stickled around the edge! Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute creations. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete