Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Tree Card

This card was made using the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches, I just flipped it on its side. I also used the theme challenge from Cricut Cardz, which was to make a Christmas card with a mini banner on the front of it. The final challenge that I made this for was at 365 Cards. Their challenge was to use texture in three different ways: 1-heat or dry embossing, 2-glitter or flocking, 3-fabric or lace.
The card is 4 1/2"x5 1/4." I embossed the card base using the polka dots folder and my Cuttlebug. I cut a circle at 3 1/2" using a circle cutter and the red rectangle is cut at 3 3/4"x3 1/2." The white rectangle is 1/4" smaller than the red one and then I used a border punch from EK Success on one edge. I adhered them all to the card. I used a stamp and glue pad to stamp the tree onto the white rectangle. I then used some Martha Stewart aquamarine crystal glitter on the stamped image. I used some fabric twine to tie around the folded edge of the card for my third type of texture. I used some foil paper and cut the banner from it using Christmas Cheer and the fit to length feature. The letters are from Jasmine and cut at 1/2," using the real dial size feature. I added to silver brads to each end of the banner and attached it to the card with pop-dots.

14 comments:

  1. What a fab card! I love your take on the banner idea! Great Work!

    TFS and Joining us on CCC.

    Meriah

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card! Thanks so much for playing CCC!
    Merry Christmas!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Card, love the very contempory feeling tree.. Thanks ( GDT TMS)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card! I love how you incorporated the banner. Thanks for playing with us at CCC!

    Michelle (dt#2)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card. I am loving that Christmas tree stamp! Thanks for playing with us at CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely card...and I think you did great with the requirements! = )
    Nice to have you playing along on 365 Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice card. Thanks for playing along CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely Christmas card - it's so wispy and whimsical. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! What a pretty card! Love the banner and the colors... Thanks for joining us at CCC! :o)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is so pretty and I love the banner. Great take with the sketch. Thanks for playing with us at TMS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute card. Love your banner. I know how busy this time of year is so thank you for joining us for this challenge.

    Barb from Toronto, Canada
    CCC Design Team #2

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the banner! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Card!!! Love the banner.

    Thank You for joining us at CCC.

    Meriah

    ReplyDelete