Sunday, December 12, 2010

White Christmas

Well, I finished setting up my craft room last night. The only thing left to do in it is to hang up my pegboard and my shelving, but my husband is out of town for the weekend. Hopefully he will be able to do that this week, then I will be totally complete. :)


I am finally back into crafting and card challenges! It has been so long, but I have all my supplies at hand and feel like I can actually create some great cards and crafts. I figured for my first card back to crafting I would go all out and I have. I managed to get my card to fulfill NINE challenges. I think that is a record. Of course it helps that most challenge sites are aiming towards Christmas or winter cards. That makes getting all those fulfillments onto one card easier.
This round card is 5 1/2" and I cut it with Wild Card, using the blackout feature. I trimmed a piece of white glitter paper to fit into the circle. I embossed the circular card using the Snowflakes texture plate from Fiskars. I embossed the white glitter paper with the Flurries embossing folder and my Cuttlebug. The bear is a stamp from my stash and I used a pearlescent sky blue ink to stamp him. The snowflakes are cut from Christmas and Accent Essentials cartridges. The large blue snowflake is cut at 2" and the smallest snowflake at 1 1/4," both are from Christmas. The middle white snowflake is from Accent Essentials and cut at 1 3/4." I added gems and pearls to the snowflakes and the eyes of the bear. I finished off the front of the card by using some silver Stickles around the edge of the white glitter rectangle. The inside sentiment on the card is stamped in the same ink and the snowflake is cut at 1 1/2." This card is for these challenges:

8 comments:

  1. How nice that you have your crafting space back. I went through that last year. Your card is just delightful and I'm saying that for both Paper Cutz and Cricut Cardz as I'm on both design teams. I love the embossing. So glad you could play along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, love the embossing & How you added the rhinestones to the snowflakes! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very nice, love the bling on your flakes, thanks so much for joining with us at CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!!! Great White Card with Pop! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a very cute little card! I love the little bear and your embossing. Thanks for playing with Paper Sundaes this week!

    Lisa M.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the embossing on this....thanks for playing along with us at CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! I love the embossing.

    Thank you for joining our “Let It Snow” challenge at Sentimental Sundays. We hope you will join us again this week for our “Inspired by Song” challenge.

    ~Cheryl~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, such pretty embossing, and I love the whole snowball theme! Thanks so much for joining us at Peachy Keen Stamps for our embossing challenge.

    Hugs,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete