Monday, December 27, 2010

Mother's & Father's Day Cards

I am already prepared for Mother's and Father's Day with these two cards I made today. The Father's Day card is for 365 Cards, it is "Flashback Monday" and we are challenged to create a card with an old challenge. In this case it is Day 18: Plentiful Patterns. The challenge is to use three of the following patterns: plaid, paisley, gingham, houndstooth or toile. I went with paisley, houndstooth and plaid. I also used sketch #119 from CPS. Their challenge this week is to make a card based on any sketch from earlier in the year.

The card is 3 3/4"x9." All the patterned papers came from DCWV's Guy Stack. The houndstooth paper at the bottom is cut at 3 3/4"x2 3/4." The small plaid squares are 3/4" with a white 1" square underneath. I pop-dotted the plaid squares. The houndstooth square at the top is a 3 1/2" square, the plaid one is a 3 1/4" square and the white one is a 2 7/8" square. The stamp is from Stampendous and stamped using cosmic copper ink from Tsukineko.

The Mother's Day card is using the sketch from Mojo Monday and the color combination from Picture Perfect Creations.

The card is 5"x5" square from the navy cardstock. I cut three circles and a square at 2 1/4" from the rose colored cardstock, I then embossed them with the Floral Fantasy folder. I adhered a pear green ribbon around the card. I stamped my image on the white square, which is 3." The stamp is Stampendous and stamped with pear tart ink from Tsukineko. I adhered that to the pear green square, cut at 3 1/4." I used foam adhesive to mount it to the card. I used a white gel pen to create my faux stitching and then used two pop-dots, one on top of the other, to pop up the flower, which is from K&Company.

These are both super simple cards, but I like the simplicity and am pleased with how they turned out. Enjoy!



6 comments:

  1. Awesome cards Paula! What a super great idea to get ahead.. If it is okay, I just might hop on your bus and copy getting father's and mother's day cards ready. I love what you did with your Mojo Monday sketch and you rocked our color challenge at PPC this week. Love the embossing, stamp...well everything really. Thanks for sharing it with us at PPC this week.

    Tamie -PPC DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool card! Love those embossed panels and the sprakly flower. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! And so ahead of the game! Thanks for joining in during Flashback Week at 365 Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card!! And the sentiment is just SO awesome! Loving the embossed background! Hope to see you next week at PPC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You rocked our color challenge Paula! Thanks for playing with us at PPC last week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to see a good masculine card, and this one is so well done!!

    ReplyDelete