Saturday, December 18, 2010

Lemonade


Here is another card I made today. Basically the opposite of what I made earlier. That one was a nice wintery card and this one feels very summery. :)
This card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4." The yellow cardstock is cut 1/4" smaller and then embossed with one of the Preserves companion embossing folders. I tied some yellow ribbon near the bottom of the card and added three buttons tied with red twine. The sentiment is a stamp I had in my stash and I used Dandelion ink from Tsukineko. The cup is cut at 3," using th real dial size feature, the actual size is over 19" becasuse it is on the tabs creative feature. I welded a lemon from Preserves to the cup. I cut it in yellow, then cut it again in white and with a yellow vellum. I cut the straw off of the white piece and then drew on the red stripes. I cut the straw off of the vellum and used just the glass. I cut out another lemon in yellow and then heat embossed it with a yellow powder. I wasn't very careful about covering the whole thing because this way it looks a little more natural. I then pop-dotted the whole thing for dimension.





I made this for just two challenges. I used sketch #95 from Card Patterns for the layout of my card. I also did this for Flaunt it Fridays. The challenge was to use the cup with lemons from Simply Charmed. I don't have Simply Charmed, so I used From My Kitchen and Preserves. Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. Your card is just lovely! I love how you did all different shades of yellow. Thank you so much for entering our Flaunt It Friday's challenge.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! What a fun card! Love the embossing, think I'll play along with that FIF challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so cute....luv the 3D look..so fun...Merry Christmas!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card! The embossing is very pretty. Thank you for joining us at Flaunt it Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! I love the embossing. So glad you could play along with us at Card Patterns this week. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL....love the embossing and soft yellows you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Very nice job embellishing and embossing. Thank you for joining us at FIF.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome...I so want that embossing folder. Had it in my hand the other night but I only had two coupons to use so I chose to let that one go and got two others.

    ReplyDelete