Sunday, December 26, 2010

Happy New Year Card

I hope everyone had a very good Christmas. I got to see my family, which is always nice. It was especially nice to be able to see my brother, I haven't seen him in three years. I did however, have a chaotic Christmas Eve day. I spent the morning in the emergency room, because my husband split his lip open and needed 14 stitches. He is doing good, other than a swollen lip, and the rest of the weekend went very well. But, on to the card!This is a 5"x7" card, made with white cardstock and a black piece cut 1/8" smaller. I then embossed the black cardstock with the Polka Dots embossing folder and adhered it to the card base. I sprayed that with a silver shimmer mist by Tsukineko. I stamped the gem flourish, from Inkadinkado, onto some black cardstock with starlite silver ink from Tsukineko. I then trimmed the cardstock to fit and cut some white cardstock 1/4" larger than the black. I sprayed that image with sparkle shimmer mist and adhered it onto the card. I then cut a white strip of cardstock at 7"x1" and a black piece 3/16" smaller. I adhered them down and stamped my sentiment in the same ink, using letter stamps. I finished it off with some gems.
I used the sketch from today's "Super Sketchy Sunday," at 365 Cards for the layout of my card. I was also inspired for the colors and the look of the card by this week's photo inspiration at Crafty Ho's. Finally, I also made this for My Sheri Crafts, where the challenge is "sprays/mists."

8 comments:

  1. Que gran trabajo!
    Es elegante y perfecta para esta epoca del año.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo elegant! Gorgeous festive and classy New Years card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant and perfect for the occasion! Thanks for playing along with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is GORGEOUS!! Thanks so much for playing along with CRAFTY HOs' this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year!! love the embossing!!! thanks for playing at 365 cards!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is such a fabulous way to ring in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete