Monday, December 13, 2010

Wreath

I made this for today's 365 Cards challenge. The challenge is to use three different types of font in your sentiment.

The card is 5"x5" and I rounded the corners. The green layer is 4 1/2"x4 1/2," the dark red layer is 4 1/4"x4 1/4" and the white layer is 4"x4." I rounded the corners on all the layers. I used a Martha Stewart punch to creat the wreath, cutting the pieces out of three differnt green pieces of cardstock. I tied a ribbon in a bow to add to the wreath. Finally, I added some gems as berries within the wreath.

The green layer on the inside of the card is 4 1/2"x4 1/2" and the white layer is 4"x4" and I rounded their corners as well. I put some red gems in the corners to match the ones on the front. I have the perfect stamp for this challenge, all the words are a different font. It is a fun stamp and I don't use it nearly enough, so I'm glad I had a chance to use it today.

4 comments:

  1. Ingenious way to overcome the challenge!
    Great job, I love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wreath is simply stunning! Can´t even imagine how long it must have taken you to put it together.
    And as for the fonts...think it was clever of you to put it on the inside of the card!
    Way to go girl..You rocked this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh! That wreath is wonderful. It must have taken forever to glue it on! Wow! Thanks for playing at 365 Cards this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clever and I LOVE that wreath!!

    ReplyDelete