Saturday, December 18, 2010

Winter Hat

I made this card entirely out of scraps, except for the card base and envelope. I love being able to use up scraps, it makes me feel like I am getting closer to allowing myself to buy more paper. I just need to use up more before I will let myself do that, I have enough on hand as it is. :)

This card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4." The card base is from a mint green cardstock. I used some patterned paper scraps and some green and white scraps that I had in my stash. Even the piece of paper on the inside of the card is a scrap, it was almost the perfect size too...I just had to trim off about 1/4" on each side. The striped paper is cut at 5 1/4"x4." I layered on some green cardstock, which is cut 3 7/8"x2," and then embossed with the Snowflakes embossing folder. I used a corner rounder on two of the corners. I then inked it with some white ink. The small green circle is also the same color green cardstock and also inked with white ink. The blue and white paisley cardstock is cut at 4 1/2"x2 1/2." I layered it with a scrap of the mint green cardstock, which is cut at 4"x2." The white cardstock on it is 2"x1 3/4." I stamped the sentiment and then heat embossed it with a glittery blue embossing powder. The larger circle is some snowflake paper I had in my stash and cut at 2 1/2," with a circle punch. The green circle is 1 3/4," and also cut with a punch. I cut the hat from Winter Woodland at 1 3/4." I flocked the blue trim pieces and used some eucalyptus Stickles on the snowflake. I adhered it with a pop-dot for dimension. The inside of the card is a scrap of paper that is 1/4" smaller than the card and I used a Martha Stewart snowflake corner punch on each of the corners. I then made a matching envelope, using the dimensions given on the Martha Stewart score board.This card was made for the following challenges:

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I like all the textures and patterns. SO you lived in AK? It's my favorite place in the world but I have never lived there. Only spent a month there a few years ago. Hope you have a warm and wonderful holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card thanks for joining us at Alphabet challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So CUTE and to think you used scraps! LOVE that stocking cap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! You did great on our challenge at 365 Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty!!! Great use of the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week! Happy holidays to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute!! I LOVE the matching envelope too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful!
    I like it!

    Inken
    Alphabet Challenge

    ReplyDelete