Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Wreath Tag


I made this tag following the sketch on 2S4Y. It is a tag shape and instead of making it into a tag shaped card, I decided to actually make it a tag. I also used the photo inspiration from Papercraft Star. The photo is of a Christmas tree, which is decorated with tags and snowflakes. I used the colors from it to inspire the traditional colors on the tag. Finally, I used BBTB2's challenge, which is to use the wreath cut from Joys of the Season. I love this wreath and knew it would work perfectly on this tag.


The tag was cut from Joys of the Season at 5 1/2" and the wreath is cut at 2 1/2." I inked the edges of the tag for some dimension. I used some ribbon that I had in my stash and wrapped it around the tag. The wreath was cut twice and the layers were also cut twice. I pop-dotted the top layer, in the darker green cardstock. I then used some gold Stickles to highlight the leaves. I used some flat-backed gems as berries and stamped "Merry Christmas" on the bottom. I used a glittery red ribbon for the top of the tag.

I really like how this one turned out and I think it looks like a very traditional Christmas tag. Now I just have to figure out who I am going to be giving it to. :)

8 comments:

  1. gorgeous tag! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute tag, Paula! I love the font of the Merry Christmas sentiment and that charming wreath! Very nice! Thanks for entering this tag with us at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, it does like like a very traditional tag ! The wreath is beautiful. So glad you played with us this week at Papercraft Star ! (home of the tag lovers, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag! I love the wreath and the ribbon is great! Thank you for playing iwth us this week at Papercraft Star! Regan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning, stunning tag...I really love the detail and your wreath is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tag, it's beautiful and if you can't find anyone to send it to I can give you my addy, lol! Love the sparkle and thanks for joining us this week at BBTB2!
    ((Hugs)) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Paula! I love that background paper. The wreath is adorable and I love the look of the inking mixed with the glitter. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful tag. I love the wreath. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete