Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Simple Sun Card

This is a super simple card I made for a couple of challenges. The card is 4"x5" and is a pre-made card that I had on hand. I cut two strips of dark green and two strips of dark gray at 4 7/8"x7/8" each. I used the birds and swirls embossing folder and placed the four strips side by side on it and then embossed them. Then I spaced them apart on the card the it gives a unique look to the image. I tied a yellow ribbon around the card in the middle and placed the sun on top. The sun was cut from Create a Critter, using the hide contour feature on my Gypsy to get rid of the face. I inked both layers of the sun and used pop-dots to adhere it to the card.

I made this card for two challenges. The first one was a color challenge from Picture Perfect Creations. Their colors this week are: basic gray, garden green, and daffodil delight. The other challenge this card is for is Made By Momo. Her challenge is to make something with a sun, cloud or rainbow.
I decided not to add a sentiment so that it could be used for just about anything. The inside is also blank, so I can add a stamped or written sentiment to the inside when I decide what, exactly, I am going to use it for. Enjoy!


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card....I'm now your newest follower. I would love for you to stop by and visit my blog sometime. jennyscards.blogspot.
    hugs,jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how you embossed on the four background cardstock strips. Thanks for joining us this week at PPC!
    ~Paula a PPC Creator

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card!!
    I like the big sun and how you play with the combo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors you used. Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I love the embossed layers! :) Thanks for playing with us at PPC this week....

    Lori - PPC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your embossing background just makes your sun POP! It is a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at PPC this week. Hugs :)

    Tamie - PPC DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. loooove the simplicity of the card and the clean sharp lines! Great job with the colors this week and hope to see you again next week for a new challenge at PPC!

    ReplyDelete