Sunday, December 12, 2010

Deck the Halls

I have one more card for the day. It is a 3 3/4" x 9" card. I used some striped patterned paper cut at 3 1/2 x 6 1/4" and a piece of red paper cut at 3 1/2 x 2 1/2" and embossed with the Seeing Spots folder. The "Deck" and "Halls" part of the sentiment was cut at 1 1/2" using Cuttin' Up and the cartoon feature. I used Cricut Classic Font for "the" and cut it at 3/4." The ornament is cut from Lyrical Letters at 1 3/4." I doodled on the sentiment and added some gems to card front and the ornament and I used some red Stickles on the top of the ornament. The inside of the card was stamped with a sentiment stamp from my stash.
I used the sketch from Clean & Simple to inspire the layout of my card. I also made this for the "Deck the Halls and ornament" challenge at BBTB2. The challenge was to use the deck the halls and ornaments from Winter Frolic, but I don't have the cartridge, so I created my own version. :) Finally, I made this for the ABC Challenge blog, where the challenge is "J is for Jewels (or Gems)."

1 comment:

  1. Great card Paula! Love all the elements for the challenge. Thanks for joining us over at BBTB2!
    ((Hugs)) Theresa

    ReplyDelete