Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dragonfly

This is a 5"x5" card, made from a light green cardstock. I cut a triangle of blue cardstock and embossed it with the Polka Dots folder. I made a folded frame, you can get instructions here, using double sided cardstock from K&Company. I stamped my image, from Rubber Stampede, using night sky ink by Tsukineko. I stamped it on some paper by My Mind's Eye. I then put that image inside the folded frame. I used one of my scalloped circle Nesties to cut some dark green cardstock. I then adhered it all down to the card base. I punched a 1" circle punch, from the same My Mind's Eye paper, and stamped my sentiment on it. I then used a 1 1/2" scalloped circle punch on the dark green cardstock. I used a pop-dot to adhere the sentiment to the card.I made this card using Wednesday's sketch at 365 Cards. I used the colors from Color Throwdown: light green, dark green and blue. I also made this for the challenge at Tuesday Morning Sketches, which is to use a folded frame and for Crafty Creations, where the theme is "thank you."

6 comments:

  1. So very pretty! Love the folded frame!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, love the blues and greens! Your stamp has great detail too! TFS and thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the folded frame highlights the dragonfly image! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! I like how you included the photograph of the cards dimension.... Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely card. Love the colors and the image. Great job!

    Thanks for playing along with at at TMS.
    Theresa, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card! I love the scallop mat behind your focal image. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete