Sunday, February 20, 2011

Thinking of You

This is a 5 1/2"x4 1/4" card I made using kraft cardstock, for the base. I then cut a piece of aqua cardstock at 5 1/4"x4" and rounded the corners. I cut a piece of white cardstock at 5"x3 3/4" and rounded the corners also. The melon colored labels, and the aqua one, are Nesties. I layered the two melon colored ones on the white cardstock and then wrapped the card with some aqua and white polka dotted ribbon. I embossed the aqua Nestie with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. The tulip is from Bloom, cut at 2." I also used the shadow feature on it. I adhered that directly onto the aqua label and then used foam adhesive to adhere the label to the card. I stamped my sentiment, using celadon ink by ColorBox and finished off the card with some flat-backed pearls in all four corners and patina Stickles around the edge of the aqua label.
I used the Super Sketchy Sunday sketch from 365 Cards and the colors are the challenge at Just Us Girls. Enjoy!!

13 comments:

  1. Oh, how beautiful!!!! I love the colors together! TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours you have used, Top Job

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card, Paula! Simple, but elegant. Really nice job!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! The colors are beautiful and wow for all the fabbie layers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeahoooo and WAY to bling it UP around here! This card is stunning! I'm TOTALLY loving your use of Just Us Girls colors, my dear! Thanks for sharing your mighty wonderful talent with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beauty Paula! I really like that giant tulip and all your attention to detail the sparkly stickles is the perfect edging! Great use of the differenbt nesties too!

    Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card!!! Great use of the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paula es preciosa!
    Me encantan los colores que has usado

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! those colors make one fantastic card :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful color combo and love the touch of glitter!!! pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab color combo - it makes for one beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete