Saturday, February 12, 2011

Fairy Spotlight

This card is 4 1/2"x6 1/4." I used a light brown cardstock for the card base. I then cut some light purple cardstock at 4 1/4"x6" and a strip of green cardstock at 6"x1 3/4." I embossed the green strip with a Once Upon a Princess companion folder. I used the "spotlight technique" to create my image. I stamped the image on some shimmery white cardstock. I then stamped part of the image on some more white cardstock and then used a 1 1/2" circle punch to punch out part of the image. I colored it in with Prismacolor colored pencils. I then cut some shimmery green cardstock with a 1 3/4" punch and mounted that behind the colored image. I layered that on the card so that it looks a spotlight on that part of the image. I then layered some shimmery green cardstock and tan cardstock behind the image and adhered that to my card. I then finished the card with a sentiment stamp.

I made this card for the following challenges:

8 comments:

  1. So lovely Paula! What a beautiful take on the spotlight challenge :) Love the shimmery paper too :) Great card! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so beautiful, love technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the spotlight technique this week Paula!

    Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card Paula! I love the spotlighting technique! Thanks for playing with us at PPC this week...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paula, I have this stamp and never thought of spot lighting. What a wonderful idea. It is a beautiful card. The EF is just gorgeous too! Another hit!! THanks for play at PPC this week.

    Tamie - PPC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS - what a great way to spotlight that sweet little fairy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love that spotlight technique - fab card!

    ReplyDelete