Saturday, February 12, 2011

Love Bug


I have one more for you today....a step card. I made this step card from black cardstock. I then used some core'dinations cardstock for the side panels. I embossed them with the Seeing Spots embossing folder and then I sanded the embossed part and the edges so the red would show through. I cut a piece of patterned cardstock and mounted it on the back step. I cut the sentiment, "love bug," from Simply Charmed at 1 1/4." The heart is cut at 2 1/4" from Simply Sweet. I then mounted it on the second step. The ladybug is from Create a Critter at 3 1/4" and mounted it on the front. I used the shadow feature on all the pieces that I cut. On the ladybug I did not glue the wings down, so that I could bend them up a little and give it a little more depth and dimension.
I made this card for the following challenges:
My Sheri Crafts: Valentine's Day
Paper Cutz: ladybug, bee or butterfly image
Card Patterns: sketch #102

10 comments:

  1. This is so cute and fun! I've wanted to try one of these. You make it look easy! Thanks for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula...this is an awesome card! Just became your 200th follower and looking forward to more great cards!
    Tanya - nonnascraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card Paula! Thanks for playing along with us at TCBS!

    ~L~ TCBS D/T

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay, this is simply a-dorable! Thanks so much for joining us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute, cute. I love the embossed panels and the heart cutout on the second stair.

    Christy
    http://christybladehandmade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just adorable. Thanks for playing along at Paper Cutz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soo adorable. Thank you for joining us at Card Patterns this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is adorable! I just love this little ladybug! Thank you for playing along at Paper Cutz Challenges! I hope you can stop by my blog, check it out and become a follower!

    Hugs,
    Kayla at My Scrapbooking Hideaway
    myscrapbookinghideaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this. Can you let me know what the card base and so forth is measured and scored and cut at?

    ReplyDelete