Tuesday, February 15, 2011

You're the Best

This card was made using the Super Sketchy Sunday sketch at 365 Cards. I used the red, white and pink color challenge being offered at Sentimental Sundays. I also made this for Paper Sundaes, where the challenge was to pick at least two of the following: flowers, lace, distressing and the color pink. I went with pink, flowers and distressing.


The card is 4 1/2"x6 1/4." I used white cardstock for the base. I then cut some pink floral cardstock 1/8" smaller than the base. I used some core'dinations cardstock for the next layer. I cut it at 3 1/2"x5 1/4" and then embossed it with a Once Upon a Princess companion folder. Once it was embossed I used a sander to sand the edges and the embossed parts of the cardstock so the red would show through. The red filigree in the upper left hand corner is cut at 2" from Storybook. I wrapped a pink ribbon around all the layers and then adhered them down to the card base. I then stamped my sentiment, using merlot ink by ColorBox, onto the ribbon. The flowers are red vellum flowers by Cloud 9. Enjoy!!

9 comments:

  1. This is so very pretty!! Love the embossing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!! I love the elegant simplicity. Hope you are having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! What a great combination of techniques. Thanks so much for joining us in our Red, Pink and White challenge at Sentimental Sundays this week. ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty card..thanks for joining us at Paper sundaes this week.

    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Esas mariposas son preciosas!
    Un gran trabajo con el sketch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is wonderful. Just beautiful with the embossing and sanding. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is soooo pretty!!! wonderful embossing and fun black swirl to accent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty and i ♥ that corner!!! :)

    ReplyDelete