Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Robot

This card is 4 1/2"x6 1/4." I used a striped paper from the Black Currant Stack by DCWV for the card base. The black circle is 4" and embossed with the Seeing Spots folder. I cut a silver strip of cardstock at 2"x4 3/4" and then cut a piece of white cardstock at 1 5/8"x1 3/4" and adhered it on the silver strip. I added black brads to the corners of the white cardstock. I stamped the sentiment using starlite black ink by Tsukineko and put black diamon Stickles around the edge. The robot is cut at 3 1/2" from the Robotz cartridge. I put him on a piece of white cardstock, cut at 2 1/4"x3 3/4." I layered that on a piece of dark silver cardstock, cut at 2 1/2"x4." I used foam tape to mount the robot panel to the card.
I made this for Cooking With Cricut. Their challenge was to make something for a birthday, so I made a masculine birthday card. I used their bonus card sketch for the layout of the card. I also made this for Alphabet Challenge, where their challenge is M for Men.

4 comments:

  1. Great job on the sketch! Love your card. Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! That robot is adorable, and I love the colors you chose. Thanks for playing with us at Cooking with Cricut! Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle (CWC DT)
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the sketch, Paula! I love the monochromatic color scheme and that robot is wonderful. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Cooking With Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete