Thursday, February 03, 2011

What a Pear!

The base of this card is 5"x6 3/4." I cut the card from "Just Because" Cards at 6 1/4." I used a white cardstock and sponged two colors of green alcohol inks on the top half. I adhered the card to the base I made. I cut the inside of the card from some light green cardstock and edged it with lime green Stickles. I embossed a piece of glittery green cardstock, cut at 4 3/8"x3 1/2," with one of the Preserves Companion folders. I adhered it to the bottom half of the card and wrapped a ribbon around the middle. I cut two pears out and pop-dotted one of them. I added three green gems to the bottom right of the card. I stamped my sentiment, which is from My Pink Stamper, and layered it and mounted it to the card. I thought this would make a great, non-traditional Valentine's Day card.





I made this for the following challenges:
  • 365 Cards: "Half & Half" - on one half use a sponging technique and on the other half use some embossing
  • CPS: sketch #203
  • Jitterbuggin': "Non-traditional Valentine's" - make a Valentine's Day card, using any sketch, but no red or pink
  • My Creative Time: "Throwback Thursday" - use either "Just Because" Cards or Wild Card and include a stamped sentiment

9 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous card! I've never tried embossing glittery paper before. The effect is stunning! Thanks for playing along with the Throwback Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is SO pretty. That companion folder is AWESOME. Great job and thanks for joining us for Emma's Throwback Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW! great card Im impressed you followed so many challanges! Thats great!~
    kacee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE YOUR CARD!!! You did an GREAT job w/the challenge my friend!!;)
    Big Gypsy hugs,
    Emma;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card! So love the colors and the cut you used! I also like the techniques you used too!
    tfs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful take on the half and half challenge, Paula! Thanks for playing with us at 365 Cards! Can't wait to see what you do next!

    Aloha, Kim Mc
    365 Cards DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card. I especially love that embossed paper. Very nice....Good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that embossing......wonderful card!

    Thanks for Jitterbuggin'~

    ReplyDelete