Monday, February 21, 2011

Snappy Birthday!

Here is the card I made for my father-in-law's birthday. I got no input from my husband about what to make, so this is what I came up with. He should like it....I hope so, at least. The card is 4 1/2"x6 1/4." I used a maroon cardstock for the base. I cut some navy blue cardstock at 4 1/8"x5 1/2" and some white cardstock at 4 3/4"x3 5/8." I then layered them all together. I then doodled around the edges of each piece, in white gel pen on the maroon and navy cardstocks and with a navy blue marker on the white layer. I wrapped the card with a polka dotted ribbon, I found it in my stash and it was perfect. I then cut the three circles from George and Basic Shapes at 1 1/4." The crab is from Create a Critter, cut at 1 1/2." I used some black flat-backed pearls for the crab's eyes and used pop-dots to adhere him to the card. The sentiment is from My Pink Stamper and I stamped it in maroon ink by ColorBox.
I created this for the challenge at Paper Sundaes, which is to use masculine colors. I also used the sketch challenge from The Paper Variety for the layout of my card.

5 comments:

  1. So cute! Love the sentiment and the crab!
    Nicole
    http://croppinmommadesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card!! Love the colors and sentiment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! love the sentiment! thanks for playing along with us at TPV!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that crab :) Great take on the card sketch. Come back again tomorrow for a new challenge at TPV! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's my favorite crab! Yay! This is super fantastic! I love it! Thanks so much for playing with us at TPV this week!!

    ReplyDelete