Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Little Leprechaun

Here is a fun shape card, and I love how it turned out! The card shape, the top hat, is from A Child's Year. I used my Gypsy to weld two 5" top hats together. The cut actually has a shamrock in it, but I hid it using the hide countour feature on the Gypsy. I used a shimmery dark green cardstock for the hat. I then cut the hat band using a light green glitter cardstock. I added some faux stitching around the edge of the hat with a white gel pen. I cut the top hat again at 5" with a plain light green cardstock for the inside. I then used a dark green marker to add some faux stitching on the inside as well. I stamped my sentiment, which is from Studio g, in black ink and then I heat embossed it with a glittery embossing poweder. I added glitter to the word "irish" for some glitz. The leprechaun is from Simply Charmed and I cut him at 3 1/4." I added some glossy accents to his buckle, button and shoes and used some black pearls for his eyes. I also inked his cheeks and added some faux stitching around his jacket and hat. The pot of gold is also from Simply Charmed and cut at 1 3/4." I used some glossy accents on the pot and some yellow Stickles on the gold. I then used pop-dots to adhere the pot of gold to the card.

I made this card for the following challenges:

19 comments:

  1. Great shaped card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job with this card! Very Cute and Creative! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Cricut Cardz! :o)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SEW sweet! hehe. Love the sentiment on the inside. Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Variety :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shape! Lovely card!
    Is the first time I feel that I'd like to celebrate St. Patrick's day... (we don't celebrate it here :S) just to have the chance of making a card like that (LOL)
    Hugs,
    Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute card. Very creative with the hat cut as the card base. Very nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way you used the hat shape to create this card. Thanks for joining us for this week's challenge.

    Barb from Toronto, Canada
    CCC Design Team #2

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice card, you did a great job and it's just perfect for the challenge! Thanks so much for playing CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job!!!

    www.craftingmisfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an Awesome card! Thanks for joining us this week at Cricut Cardz Challenge! Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card! Thanks for joining us at CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job - love the shape.
    I luv if you stopped by blog and checked out my GET IN SHAPE submission ~

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great St Patty's card! LOVE how you made a shape card. Aren't they the best?? Thanks for playing with us at Cricut Cardz Challenge. Hope to see you back again soon :)

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome card. You totally rocked this challenge!!!

    Thanks for joining us @ CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute card!!!


    Thanks for Jitterbuggin'!

    ReplyDelete