Monday, February 28, 2011

Seahorse

This is a 5 1/2"x4 1/4" card made from kraft cardstock. I then used some K&Company patterned cardstock, cut 1/8" smaller as my next layer. I cut a strip of dark blue cardstock at 4 1/4"x2 1/8" and adhered it to the card base. I cut some more patterned cardstock 1/8" smaller and adhered it to the dark blue strip. The seahorse is cut at 2 1/2" from the Splish Splash cartridge. I mounted it on some white cardstock, cut at 2 3/4"x1 1/2." I then cut more dark blue cardstock 1/8" larger and adhered it over the strip. I wrapped the card with a light blue ribbon and added a metal seahorse charm to it. I finished it off with the sentiment, a stamp, using ocean depth ink by Tsukineko.

I made this card for the following challenges:

17 comments:

  1. This card is just beautiful, Paula! I'm going to have to check out the links on your blog to find some of these cool challenges you participate in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful card Paula! I love the monotones, and the embellishments are perfect! So serene... thanks for playing along at For Fun this week!
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just love this card!! The seahorse charm is just awesome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That seahorse is so pretty and I love the soft,cool colors you worked with. The charm is such a nice touch!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great card. I love the colors. Thanks so much for sharing with us at fOr Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, Paula. Thanks for joining us over at Cards for Men and good luck with the challenge.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card. Love your seahorses. A very calm card. Lovely.
    Thanks for playing with us over at For Fun this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those colours....very serene! TFS at FOR FUN this week.

    Hugs, from Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card x

    Thanks for playing along with us @ For Fun Challenges.

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That charm just set it off! Wonderful card! Thanks for sharing with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is beautiful! Thank you for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Sentimental Sundays .

    ~Cheryl~

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just lovely. The papers and colors are awesome. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving sweet comment.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :O}

    ReplyDelete
  13. You really do make some lovely cards. This one is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable. Great charm too! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Sundaes and Sentimental Sundays.
    Tracy V

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice colors, very manly!!
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the shape of that seahorse and the decoration. Thanks for joining our 'water' challenge at Cards for Men and good luck in the draw.
    Hugs, Alison x

    ReplyDelete