Thursday, February 10, 2011

Rock On!

Here's a fun card for today. It is 5 1/2"x4 1/4." I used a blue cardstock for the card base, then stamped the skull and wings image onto the cardstock, using blue iris ink from ColorBox. I sanded the edges and the top of the cardstock to give it a distressed feel. I then wrapped the card with some ribbon and added three brads up in the top left corner. I used Indie Art to cut the guitar at 2 1/2." I then mounted it on some white cardstock, cut at 3 1/2"x1 1/4." I also inked the edges of the cardstock with the blue iris ink. I mounted that on some shimmery blue cardstock, and I distressed the edges. The sentiment is stamped in the same blue iris ink and is from My Pink Stamper. I used sketch #101 from Card Patterns for the layout of the card. I also made this for Tuesday's challenge at 365 Cards. Their challenge is "Feeling Like a Rock Star" - add a rock star style to your card.

5 comments:

  1. Looks great girl! Who knew this cut was on Indie Art?? I've got to get to know my cartridges better! TFS :)

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic colors and stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mix of challenge...love your rockin' card! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this card rocks! Love that image. Thanks for playing along with us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete