Thursday, February 10, 2011

Rock On!

Here's a fun card for today. It is 5 1/2"x4 1/4." I used a blue cardstock for the card base, then stamped the skull and wings image onto the cardstock, using blue iris ink from ColorBox. I sanded the edges and the top of the cardstock to give it a distressed feel. I then wrapped the card with some ribbon and added three brads up in the top left corner. I used Indie Art to cut the guitar at 2 1/2." I then mounted it on some white cardstock, cut at 3 1/2"x1 1/4." I also inked the edges of the cardstock with the blue iris ink. I mounted that on some shimmery blue cardstock, and I distressed the edges. The sentiment is stamped in the same blue iris ink and is from My Pink Stamper. I used sketch #101 from Card Patterns for the layout of the card. I also made this for Tuesday's challenge at 365 Cards. Their challenge is "Feeling Like a Rock Star" - add a rock star style to your card.

4 comments:

  1. Looks great girl! Who knew this cut was on Indie Art?? I've got to get to know my cartridges better! TFS :)

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mix of challenge...love your rockin' card! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete