Sunday, February 13, 2011

Purple & Green Flowers

A nice and simple get well card for you today. I made this card 4 1/2"x6 1/4." I used a light purple cardstock for the base and trimmed som green floral paper 1/8" smaller and adhered it on. I then cut a triangle from the light purple and embossed it with the Stylized Flowers embossing folder. I cut some silver cardstock at 2"x6" and adhered it to the card, so that it slightly overlapped the embossed triangle. I then cut some light purple cardstock 3/16" smaller and cut the green floral paper 3/16" smaller than the purple and layered them both on the silver cardstock. I stamped my sentiment, which is from Stampendous, in purple hydrangea ink from Tskineko. I then added the three light purple pearls to the bottom and top of the rectangular strip. I added a flower embellishment, from K&Company, and finished it all off with some clear gems.





I used sketch #177 from Mojo Monday for the layout of my card. I used this week's cupcake photo (see below) from Cupcake Inspirations for the color and floral feel of my card. Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! What an awesome card. It would make anyone feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful, stunning in its simplicity and I can see the influence of the yummy cupcake. thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love the sentimnet and the gorgeous papers! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty card! I love the pretty flower and embossed paper. Thank ou for playing along with the CIC challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. Love the papers and that sentiment. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete