Thursday, February 17, 2011

It's Your Birthday

This is a 6"x6" card. I used a striped cardstock from the Flower Shower Stack by DCWV, in fact all the patterned cardstock came from that stack. I cut a magenta rectangle, at 5 3/4"x2 3/4," and a patterned rectangle 1/4" smaller. I then wrapped the rectangle with two pieces of rick rack. I used Give a Hoot to cut some faux rick rack. The rick rack is cut to length of 6." I embossed the white layer with the Polka Dots folder. I cut a 2 3/4" circle from the green patterned cardstock and a 2 1/4" circle from a shimmery white cardstock. I then used Walk in My Garden to cut a 2" flower and a 1" ladybug. I then used some magenta Stickles to edge the flower. The ladybug is pop-dotted. I cut a rectangle from the same green patterned cardstock at 3"x2" and a white rectangle at 2 3/4"x1 3/4." I used Birthday Bash to cut the sentiment, also fit to length of 2 3/4." I pop-dotted the rectangle and added some gems to the corners.
I made this card for the following challenges:

13 comments:

  1. very pretty love the embossed rick rac
    good luck with the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!! Love all the rick rac!!! TFS Cathryn67 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card. I am a new follower and love to invite you to my blog for a give away. Enter @ lenascrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet looking birthday card. Thanks for playing with us over at For Fun this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, what a PRETTY card!!! Thanks for playing along my friend!
    Big Gyspy Hugs,
    Emma;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice use of Stickles...they really bring out the flower, and I love the way you've echoed the rick rack with the polka dot embossed piece. Great job!

    Thanks for joining us this week at For Fun Challenges. I hope you'll take us up on another challenge soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute!! Thanks so much for playing along on For Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super sweet. Thanks for playing at at For Fun.

    x Meera x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card!


    Thanks for Jitterbuggin'!

    ReplyDelete