Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Orange & Blue

This is a 5"x5" card. I used orange mulberry paper as my card base. I cut some blue cardstock at 4 3/4"x3 3/4." I used some lighter orange mulberry paper for the next layer, cut 1/4" smaller than the blue cardstock. I then embossed it with the Stars embossing folder. I adhered it to my card base, then wrapped it with a ribbon. I cut some more blue cardstock at 4"x3" and some orange paper at 3 3/4"x2 3/4." I added three star brads to the bottom of that piece. I then adhered it to the card. I cut some dark blue shimmery cardstock at 4 3/8"x1 5/8," some orange mulberry paper at 4 1/8"x1 3/8," and some cream cardstock at 4"x1." I stamped my image, from Hero Arts, and my sentiment onto the cream cardstock. I used pearlescent sky blue and pearlescent rust ink by Tsukineko to stamp my images. I used foam adhesive to adhere the stamped piece to the card. I cut the blue flower from Walk in My Garden at 2" and the glittery orange star from George and Basic Shapes, cut at 1." I finished it off with some light blue bling in the center of the star.
I made this for the following challenges:

13 comments:

  1. What an elegant card, the blue just gives it that lift. Lovely card, and just perfect for our O for Orange at the Alphabet challenge, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! I love all the layering, its just my style! and that embossed star paper rocks!! TSF and playing along with the Die Cuttin Diva's this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love the embossing. Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM!!! That orange & blue together is absolutely gorgeous!! And look at all the stars! Awesome take on our challenge this week! Thanks so much for playing with the Diva's!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card. Love the bright colors. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card and I love the color combo! Thanks for playing at FCCB :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card. I love the embossed stars!!! I havent seen them before. Great Job, thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a sweet card! I love the blue and orange combination! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty - I love the colors. Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the embossing and the stamped image! Thanks for playing along at 365 Cards this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card! Love the blue and orange combo! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a nice card! Warm and summery! Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete