Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Cheers!


This is a gate fold card that, when folded, measures 4 1/2"x6 1/4." I used a patterned green cardstock for the card base. I then cut some green plaid cardstock at 3 3/4"x4 3/4." I cut some white cardstock at 3 1/4"x4 1/4" and then embossed it with the Argyle folder. I then cut them both down the middle and adhered them to my card base. I stamped my sentiment, which is from Studio g, using clear ink and then heat embossing it with some glittery green embossing powder. I then cut some dark green glittery cardstock to layer it on. I attached it only to the left side of the card at the top. My image, the beer glass, comes from Smiley Cards. It is cut at 3 3/4" and I used the shadow feature on it as well. I embossed the glass with Distress Stripes and the foam with D'vine Swirls. I used an embossed layer of vellum on the glass to give it that frosty look. I then attached the glass to the left hand side of the card.

I made this card for the follwing challenges:

20 comments:

  1. Would that be green beer for St. Patrick's Day, Paula? Great gate fold card! Thanks for joining our Emboss It! Challenge this week at Cooking With Cricut.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv how you made that glass! Beautiful card. Thanks for playing at 365 Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Love all of the embossing you used. Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute, your embossing is great, thanks so much for joining CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Paula! I like so much the use of the embossing on the beer.
    Hugs,
    Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card. Love the embossing - and that you turned that sketch into a gatefold... clever...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an Awesome card!! Thanks for hanging out with us this week at Cricut Cardz Challenge and Cooking with Cricut! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea? My hubby would love that card because of the beer mug! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Wow!! This is really neat! Love all the embossing! Great card!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well this certainly looks the part for a St. Paddy's day celebration. So glad you could share your cup card with us at Cricut Cardz this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great coloring. Love the embossing!

    www.craftingmisfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! I love the gate fold and that mug is awesome! Thanks for joining us this week at Cooking with Cricut!

    Stacey
    staceyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute card, I love the embossing.

    I am a new follower.

    phollyphlox@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great gate fold card! Great job with the mug! Love the embossing!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! I love gatefold cards. Thanks for joining us over at Cooking with Cricut this week!
    Nicole CWC DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it ~ thanks for joining us at Cooking with Cricut :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great gate fold card! I love it! Thanks for joining us at Cooking With Cricut! :) Becky CWC DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Daring design and great use of the embossing folders. thanks for playing along with The Cuttlebug Spot! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cool looking card! TFS and thanks for joining us this week at Cooking With Cricut:)
    ~Madison CWCDT funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete