Saturday, February 19, 2011

Purple Flower for Mother's Day

Click here for the Sensational Scenes Blog Hop!!

I used some purple glitter cardstock for this 3 3/4"x9" card base. I then cut some white cardstock at 2 1/4"x9" and some patterned cardstock at 2"x9." I adhered them to the card base. I then cut the flowers from Mother's Day Bouquet. The purple flower is cut at 2 1/2," the blue flower at 2 1/4" and the light purple flower at 1 3/4." I then curled the petals of the blue and light purple flowers. I put a white pearl in the center of the flower. I stamped my sentiment, which is from My Pink Stamper, in wisteria ink by ColorBox. I trimmed the white cardstock around the sentiment and then cut some dark purple cardstock 1/4" larger. I then pop-dotted it to adhere it to the card base.

I used the Friday sketch from 365 Cards for the layout of my card. I also made this for the challenge at My Sheri Crafts, which is "All About Girls," make something girly. What could be better than a Mother's Day card with flowers on it? Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. So pretty and delicate! Thanks for joining us again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute :) The flower is great.

    www.craftingmisfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete