Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Dinosaur Pop-Up Card

This is a 5"x5" pop-up card. I used a light blue cardstock for the card base. I cut a piece of shimmery dark blue cardstock 1/8" smaller than the card base. I cut two pieces of the grass patterned paper at 2 1/4"x4 5/8." I then embossed it with the Seeing Spots embossing folder. The dinosaur is cut at 2 3/4". I embossed the blue layer with the Tiny Bubbles folder. I used buttons for his spots and gave him some google eyes. I cut some light purple cardstock in a 3" square and embossed it with the Forest Branches folder. I cut some dark blue cardstock 1/8" larger, layered them together and adhered it to the card base. The sentiment is from Scrappy Moms Stamps, using blue iris ink by ColorBox. I stamped it on light purple cardstock, then matted it with the dark blue and light blue cardstock. On the inside I used the shimmery dark blue cardstock to create the pop-up layer. The dinosaur on the inside is also from Create a Critter. He is cut at 3." I embossed his green layer with the Tiny Mosaic folder and attached him to the pop-up layer.




















I made this card for the following challenges:

25 comments:

  1. That's adorable! Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if my previous comment will show up as I just picked up on the word verification thingy, anyway I love your card, the colours,the wee dinosaurs, all the embossing - if I am lucky enough to own a Cricut one day, this is the first cartridge on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, how adorable is this?! Love it! So glad you joined us for this weeks Cupcake Inspirations challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pop dino!! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors and all the embossing on this one. You know I almost thought it was going to be a gate card because of the front the way it was designed so you got me :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dinosaurs! Such a cute card. Following!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the mini dinosaur inside, so cute! Love your choice of embossing too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable, love both dinos!! TFS Cathryn67 :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!! What a cute card! Love all the colors!! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super fun card! Love it!!
    Kathie
    Http://kathleessnippitsncricuts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGosh - so cute! I love how the middle has a pop-up" dino! Thank you so much for joining us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How CUTE is this! I was lovin' it with just the front of the card! The pop up dino in the middle puts it over the top! Great job with the PK challenge! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute!! Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Goodnes! That is Adorable! Love the "scales" from the CB Folders! Genious! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. SOOO CUTE!! I love the pop out dino on the inside!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, super cute!! your new follower from the card boutique, martha...

    ReplyDelete
  17. SO cute - love the pop up! Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  18. fabulous card! I love what you did with the inside! thanks for playing with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps!
    liz :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, your card is SO darn adorable! I love the dino on the outside, and the dino on the inside is even cuter! Thank you for playing along with Cupcake Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I fell in love with this card the minute I saw the embossed dinosaur but then I scrolled down and saw the pop up one and that made me officially head over heals with this card. I just adore everything abou this card.

    Thank you for playing along with our sketch challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps and for sharing this wonderful creation with us!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Paula, these are adorable! I love the embossing combined with the buttons. Thank for playing with us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sooooo fun! I love the buttons as his spot :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. how can we cure fatty liver how can we cure fatty liver
    how can we cure fatty liver

    my web blog; fatty liver when to see a doctor

    ReplyDelete
  24. Browerville scar treatment

    My blog :: http://scarfixed.com/

    ReplyDelete