Friday, February 11, 2011

Easy Peasy

This card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4." I used white cardstock for the card base, then cut some green plaid cardstock at 5 1/4"x4." I cut the peas at 3" from Country Life. I mounted it on some shimmery white cardstock, cut at 2 1/2"x3 1/4," and embossed with the Polka Dots embossing folder. I also cut two other pieces of shimmery white cardstock, one at 2 1/4"x2 1/4," and the other at 1 1/4"x2 1/4." I cut pieces of blue cardstock 1/4" smaller and mounted them on the white pieces. I stamped my sentiment, which is from My Pink Stamper, in mediterranean blue ink by Tsukineko. I tied some white twine through three buttons and mounted them on the card.
I made this card for the Thursday challenge at 365 Cards. The challenge was "Thinking in Thirds" - divide your card into three parts, so that nothing overlaps from one part to another. I also made this for the challenge at Cricut Cardz, which is to make a Valentine card using only green, blue and white. Enjoy!!

10 comments:

  1. This is so cute. I love the embossing and the color combo.

    Christy
    http:christybladehandmade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is AWESOME! It's deceptively simple, but the details are many...and so perfectly executed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greta job with the color challenge this week!!!
    This card turned out great...I like the buttons :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, the embossing and buttons look so great! Cathryn67 <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card! Soooo cute and the sentiment just goes perfectly! :o) Thanks for joining us this week over at Cricut Cardz! :o)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at Cricut Cardz Challenge this week. Anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card and your sentiment is perfect for it! Thanks so much for joining CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the greens! Great card :-)

    ReplyDelete