Monday, February 07, 2011

Masculine Valentine

This is a 5"x5" card. I made the card base from white cardstock. I then trimmed a piece of shimmery red cardstock at 4 7/8"x4 7/8" and a piece of patterned brown cardstock at 4 3/4"x4 3/4." I wrapped the card with a white ribbon. I then cut three hearts at 3/4" from Cricut Classic Font. I cut the shadow in white and the regular heart in the shimmery red. I layered them on the ribbon so that they could be seen from behind my image. I cut three hearts at 1/2" as well. I layered one on the left-most heart on the front, using a pop-dot. My image is a digi stamp that I printed out and colored with my Prismacolor pencils. I then trimmed around the image and rounded the corners. I cut a piece of the shimmery red cardstock 1/4" larger and used foam tape to mount it to the card. On the inside of the card I cut a piece of red cardstock at 4 1/2"x4 1/2" and a piece of white cardstock at 4"x4." I then placed the other two 1/2" hearts on the upper corners. I stamped my "Happy Valentine's Day" sentiment in jumbo java ink by Tsukineko. The stamp is from Hero Arts and is called "Little Valentine's Day."I made this card for the following challenges:

Paper Playtime: cupid or hearts

Sentimental Sundays: Happy Valentine's Day

Crafty Hos: Love theme

Cricut Cardz: Valentine's card for a man

365 Cards: Super Sketchy Sunday - sketch

Cupcake Inspirations: cupcake photo

14 comments:

  1. What a fun card.

    haha! Poor dude... oh well, it's the thought that counts, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Great image, though I feel a little sorry for the little guy. Thanks for sharing with us at Cricut Cardz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...poor flowers, he must have pulled them from the neighbor's garden ;) Fun card! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, cute card, flowers had a bad day, thanks so much for joining CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fab. masculine Valentines card, and such a fun image! Thank you for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week.
    x Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great masculine card! Like the way you added the hearts! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime.
    Glenda
    http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is superb, that image is just fantastic!! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This reminds me of the valentine roses my husband sent last year that were stuck in a UPS truck for over a week because the schools were closed due to the huge amount of snow here in Washington, D.C. When they finally arrived they were one sad mess!.Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! Too cute and fun!!! Love the image!!! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Que divertida! me encanta el sello que has usado, es perfecta.
    Un gran trabajo

    ReplyDelete
  12. ahhhh that is SUCH a sweet card!!!! sooo fun

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL this is too funny!!! fantastic take on the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a funny image - great masculine card!

    ReplyDelete