Friday, February 25, 2011

Flaunt It Fridays Challenge #13

It is Friday and that means it is time for another challenge at Flaunt It Fridays!! This week the challenge is to use the match box cut on Tags, Bags, Boxes & More. This cut can be found on page 124 of the booklet and page 65 on the online manual. The specific cut they asked for was just the bottom portion of the box (the inside). I used both that cut and the top (or outside) of the box, which is the previous cut.
I cut the inside of the box at 4" and the outside of the box was cut slightly larger, I think 4.10" or 4.20." I used my Gypsy to size everything, I made this box to fit a gift card. I used a green cardstock for the box. Once they were cut, I embossed the top part of the gift box with the Polka Dots embossing folder. I then assembled the boxes and cut a piece of floral paper to fit inside the bottom portion of the box. I think the inside should be pretty too! :) The flowers are from Mother's Day Boquet. I cut four flowers in various sizes, two in pinks and two in yellows. I inked the edges of the flowers and curled up their petals. I cut the middles from the cartridge as well and then inked the edges and stmped Peachy Keen faces on them. I used pop-dots to adhere the middles to the flowers. The leaves are also from Mother's Day Boquet. I used a paper crimper on them and then inked them. Nice and simple....and perfect for a springtime birthday or thank you!!

That's all for my project....now it is your turn. Head on over to Flaunt It Fridays and join in our challenge! I can't wait to see what you all come up with. :)

3 comments:

  1. such a great box, love it! TFS and also Fantabulous is having an embossing challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your project. It's my fave of all of them. You did such a great job and so much detail! I have to get the mothers day bouquet cart now. I need to make those flowers! :D

    Thanks!
    Pam
    Simply-Pam.blogspot.com
    Fellow FIF DT member ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Paula! Thanks so much for visiting my new blog and for following me! I really appreciate that. I think it would make an adorable gift box for a charm or something small like that. I need to participate in some challenges after I get my blog going a little more smoothly. TFS!

    Anne (Anniebee)
    anniebeescraftroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete